The information c2skin collects
The type of information that c2skin collects from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from them.
Any personal information collected by c2skin will only:
- be collected by lawful and fair means
- be used for a lawful purpose
- be collected with your consent, and
- the purpose for collection will be clear and explicit
- Where practicable, the purpose for which c2skin collects personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection.
How information is collected
We obtain most of your personal information about you when you deal with c2skin directly, i.e. over the telephone, send correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), and visit the c2skin website or when you contact them in person.
As c2skin is required by law to obtain your consent for the collection of “sensitive information” they will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information, which is provided to them by you for use in accordance with this policy, unless you tell them otherwise.
Information collected via the c2skin website
Users can generally visit the c2skin website without revealing who they are or other personal information. C2skin will not collect any personal information about visitors to their website except when they knowingly provide it. e.g. via email through the “contact us” page or through purchases.
The c2skin contact us form does not use secure communications to transmit information across the internet. If you do not wish to send an email or use an online form, you can send postal mail to the address specified in the “contact us” section of this policy.
Click Stream Data
When you visit the website, c2skin makes a record of your visit and logs the pages accessed by external users. This information is used to help the administrators improve the website. No information regarding the identity of users or other information is obtained without your knowledge while you are browsing the website.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities, except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect internet logs.
Cookies are small text files, which are placed on your hard drives by some websites to store information. The website may utilise cookies to remember who you are each time you visit certain parts of the website. A more detailed explanation can usually be found at the Privacy Commissioner’s website http://www.privacy.gov.au
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Generally c2skin will use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the services you have requested from c2skin
- to answer your enquiry
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments c2skin believes may be of interest to you. (If c2skin contacts you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, they will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications)
- c2skin will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.Other than the above, c2skin will not disclose any information about you without your consent unless:
- c2skin is authorised or required to by law to do so
- To protect the rights or property of c2skin
- c2skin reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent a threat to health or safety
- Security and storage of your personal information
c2skin will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information, which they hold.
c2skin would like to advise that the internet, however, is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, c2skin cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send or receive from them over the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. For those who do not wish to use the internet, c2skin provides alternative ways of obtaining and providing information.
Complaints regarding your privacy
If you have a complaint about a breach of your privacy, or of how your personal information is collected or used, please direct your complaint to us at the address detailed below.